The Eyrir Sprotar slhf. management has extensive knowledge and experience in venture capital investments in addition to a solid corporate track record.
The management of Eyrir Invest has actively contributed to the growth and success to several of Iceland´s most successful companies, such as Össur, Marel, Marorka, Handpoint, Calidris/Sabre and many more.
Chairman of the Investment Board
Magnusson is co-founder and chairman of Eyrir Invest. Prior to that, Magnusson was the CFO at Eimskip for over 20 years, and held seat on the boards of numerous Icelandic companies and organizations on behalf of Eimskip.
- Chairman of the Board of Eyrir Invest, SagaMedica, Handpointand eTactica
- Board member of many Icelandic companies, including, Byko, Norvik and Sæbýli.
- Former Board member of Stork Technical Services, Iceland Chamber of Commerce and the University of Reykjavik. Former Vice-Chairman of Ossur hf.
- Magnusson has been an active VC-investor for many years and is among the founders of Marorka, Handpoint and other companies.
- MBA degree from the University of Minnesota
- Cand.Oecon in Business Administration from the University of Iceland
Valdimarsson has led numerous investments on behalf of Eyrir and serves on the Board of Directors in several companies on behalf of Eyrir.
Prior to joining Eyrir, Valdimarsson was CEO and Editor in Chief of Vidskiptabladid, an Icelandic business newspaper. Örn holds a BS degree in Economics from University of Iceland and an Executive Certificate degree from Copenhagen Business School.
Hilmar Bragi Janusson
Dean of the School of Engineering and Natural Sciences at University of Iceland.
Previously (1992-2012) the VP of R&D at Össur hf., a listed medical device company.
former CEO and CFO of Skipti hf. (Icelandic Telecom) and CFO of Grandi hf.
Magnús Ingi Óskarsson
founder of Calidris. Founded Calidris in 1998 and completed a successful exit in 2010.
has extensive experience from the pharmaceutical industry having served as Commercial Director and VP at Actavis Group.